I am poisonous and harmful to others. I damage everyone that I touch. That’s the next lie in my journal. I really believed it at one time. It was an awful way to feel. Good news is, it was a lie of the Devil. He’s the one who is poisonous and harmful and damages everyone he touches. Not me. Here’s the proof.
- 1 Peter 5:8 – Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Satan is the destroyer. The killer. The devourer. Not me.
- James 1:17 – Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
- 1 John:1-5 – This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
- John 8:12 – Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
God is good. He is the light of the world. I am his follower, so I walk in that light.
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- Romans 15:17 – In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God.
- John 15:5 – I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
- Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
I am God’s workmanship. Created to bear his fruit, which is love joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Good fruit. Not a poisoned apple. Hmmm… speaking of poisoned apple, does that remind you of a certain snake in the Garden of Eden. Yeah. Me too.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
- Philippians 2:13 – for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
- Galatians 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I am not my own. I have been bought with a price. The Spirit of God lives in me. God is only good. Only light. There is no darkness in him at all. He is in me, so darkness cannot be in me. It’s simple math. God+me=0 darkness
- 1 Samuel 2:6-7 – The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.
- Isaiah 45:7 – I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.
Reality check. I am a mere human. A weakling in the grand scheme of the universe. God is all powerful. Only God. Not me. I simply do not have the power to single-handedly destroy everyone I touch. Who am I? King Midas? Nope. I’m not a fairy tale. I’m not God. I’m just a person. I just don’t have that kind of power.
More in this series:
- Pants on Fire- (I am unloved/unlovable)
- Pants on Fire – Week 2(I am unappreciated)
- Pants On Fire – Week 3 (I am flawed)