Hello faithful followers. Today is my grandson’s 11th birthday. We’re gonna have his party at the beach later. Meanwhile we are hanging with the other grandkids. Since it’s a family day this post will be short. How about we just talk about gratitude? As I sit here watching my grandkids play, here’s what I’m grateful for right this moment.
- Squeaky little child voices
- The pitter patter of little feet
- Belly laughs
- Beach weather in October
- Birthday cake– and an excuse to eat carbs for just one day
- Little arms wrapped around me
- A husband who puts ponytails in little girl hair
- A kitty who plays fetch with the grands
- 4 and 5 year old’s dance moves– performed with sheer joy and fearless abandon
Gratitude. That’s all there is to it. I really encourage you to take time each day to just stop, look around you, and notice the things that make you feel good in that moment. You may just find treasure you didn’t know you had.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5-18