Yesterday I wrote about love. Let’s keep the love fest going for Music Monday, shall we? Today I bring you my top 10 list of songs about love.
1. Lean on Me – Bill Withers – “Lean on me when you’re not strong. I’ll be your strength. I’ll help you carry on” That’s brotherly love folks. This is how we should treat each other.
2. How He Loves – Crowder – Oh, how God loves us and oh, how I love this song.
3. I’ll Stand By You – Pretenders – This is love to me. Standing by your people. Protecting them. Ride or die. no matter what.
4. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) – Chris Tomlin – God setting us free from our chains, that’s amazing love. Amazing grace.
5. To Make You Feel My Love – Adele – This is an old Bob Dylan song. Lots of people have covered it. My favorite version is by Garth Brooks from the Hope Floats sound track – mainly because it’s “our song” for my husband and I. It talks about being willing to sacrifice for the one you love.
6. Christ Is Risen – Tenth Avenue North – The ultimate love story. God sacrificed his Son for the love of us!
7. I Will Always Love You – Vince Gill – Dolly’s version of this song has had special meaning to me since 1981. I sang it to my boy before I gave him up for adoption. (Read that story here). I still can’t listen to it without tears. Love sometimes means sacrifice even to the point of giving up the person you love because you love them.
8. How Can It Be – Lauren Daigle – God’s unconditional love, given freely to us even though we don’t deserve it. How can it be?
9. All You Need is Love –The Beatles – I’ve had this song in my head lately. The Beatles were right you know. All we need is love. This is only a short clip, couldn’t find a good clip of the whole song . But I did find this. It’s kind of funny. A puppet version. All You Need is Love – Glove and Boots
10. Love Lifted Me – Bernie Soundtrack – An oldie but a goody. Love lifted me. That’s the whole theme of my blog. The Lifted Lady. Lifted by God’s love. There are many versions of this old song out there, but I bet you never heard one like this. Jack Black, from some movie I never heard of. I just might have to check it out.
That’s it for today folks. See you again tomorrow, God willing. Until then, enjoy the music and keep loving each other.
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. – John 15:12