I’ve had a heavy weekend. A couple of my posts were about some pretty intense stuff, and brought up a bunch of the rot that plagues my soul and must be felt to be dealt with. I’ve had a weekend of “sitting in my feelings” as my therapists call it.. A feeling stirs, I allow myself to feel it, it leaves my body, I let it go. I don’t wallow in it. I don’t let it consume me. So now it’s time to move on. I can’t think of a better way to do that than with music, so on with this week’s edition of Music Monday!
When I’m in the mood for a pick me up, I have an ever growing list of songs that are guaranteed to get the job done. At the moment, these are my top 10 Christian songs that put a pep in my step. Enjoy!
- Mandisa – Overcomer
- Crowder – I Am
- Crowder with Tadashi – Lift Your Head Weary Sinner
- Newsboys – Your Love Never Fails
- Kirk Franklin – Revolution
- Mary Mary – Shackles
- Britt Nicole – Gold
- Jamie Grace with Toby Mac – Hold Me
- Toby Mac – Move (Keep Walkin’)
- For King and Country – Fix My Eyes